Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Simple

I spent the evening with Leilani while her mom was at work yesterday. She entertained me by doing the Cabbage Patch as I was eating and watching TV with my mom. I thought it was hilarious.

When I went upstairs she followed me into my room and asked if I would teach her more about Jesus in the book we were reading a couple of days ago (the Passion of the Christ). She started getting sleepy but she insisted on finishing the whole book. At the picture of Jesus and Barabbas, I told her that Barabbas did bad things and was a criminal. Then I asked, "Did Jesus do anything bad?" and she said, "No, Jesus always followed His heart."

When we were done, she still wanted to learn more, so we talked about all the things you can find in the church and what we do at church.

At some point the topic of me buying her an angel blanket came up, and I told her that we should learn how to give to people who don't have a whole lot since we have many blankets already.

Her response was, "We can call it 'One Person at a Time Store'."

Talk about inspiration.

Later she said that God told her to pray for the people that died...so that's who she prays for all the time. We did our night-time prayers and fell asleep on my bed under my fuzzy blanket.

This is what I live for. =)

"If you can't feed a hundred people, then just feed one."
- Bl. Mother Teresa

0 comments: