Thursday, November 03, 2005

It's all coming together

I want to write about something but I don't know what to write about.

Maybe I got it all out at adoration earlier.

How are you?

I'm good. Yeah, I'm actually doing pretty well. Funny to say that when last week was so rough. That's the strange thing about my condition...about my life, really. It's very roller-coasterish.

When I walked in the front door tonight, I saw Leilani and my mom both asleep on the couch. It was the cutest thing.

Leilani is in kindergarten now at St. Pius. She looks so adorable in her uniform. I'm glad Lyn-Lyn decided to transfer her there because she would not have been able to dress up as St. Therese for All Saints' Day if she was still in a public school. And her cousin Cha-Cha is her reading buddy. That's cool.

So I'm looking forward to seeing her grow up and learn more...to be there as she develops in faith. She's learning how to read now. What she'll do when we're driving around is she'll look for signs and spell them out and ask me what they say. Then I tell her to sound it out and she uses the letter sounds to try to figure it out. Super-cool.

What else is new?

Emeline is pregnant (not so new) and she's cute, too! In a very grown-up mommy kind of way, of course. Her tummy is a little bigger each time I see her. How exciting...I get a kick out of watching Robby talk to the baby inside. I pray every day for them and the baby, who I will get to meet in 5 months! Yes, I am SOOOOO grateful that she is going through all that before me. As you can see, I have no problem being the oldest and not being the first to do everything. I like being one step behind for a change. That's super-duper cool.

Someone else I know is pregnant, too, but I can't say too much because I don't know how much she's already shared. And for that blessing, I thank God, too!!!

Lots will be happening next year...my cousin Beng, Em, and my friend will all have their babies...the KPsiE 10-year reunion in March...my last 6th grade class will be graduating from St. Paul...Summer and I will be getting married (no, not to each other!)...I'll move out of the house for the first time in my entire life...I'll get to go to Hawaii with Gary for 2 whole weeks!...my first students at Verb will be going through their KAIROS in the fall...and I'll be turning 30 (finally! I know - it's weird that I'm happy about that, but I am).

Yaaaaay! God is so good.

It's great to have so many things to look forward to.

Life, of course, is not always a bed of roses and I'm sure the year will also be sprinkled with difficulties, but it is a comfort to know that God will always be there in the midst of it all.

Praying through each day so that I don't take any of it for granted.

That's it for tonight. I think I'll get ready for bed now.

and Jason, if you happen to be reading this, you'll be happy to know that my bedtime is now 10:00pm. I'm also eating regularly, taking my vitamins and medication, drinking lots of water and trying to keep stress to a minimum (I think that's the most challenging).

Huge accomplishment, eh?

Now if I can only get myself to the track...

Okay, okay...good night!

+AMDG+

0 comments: