Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Healing isn't complete until you get to Heaven...

Awesome, awesome, AWESOME talk by Jaymee last night at prayer meeting. I learned so much and was reminded of a lot of things that my mind couldn't contain it all...so hopefully I can get her notes. =)

We took half the freshman class to MOCA today. Very interesting what "art" can be. Actually it inspired the creative side of me and now I want to go museum hopping just because I learned a little bit more about how to look at artwork. Usually I'll just walk by and say..."Hmmm, that's umm, nice." But I'll never talk the time to allow the artwork to speak to me. So, yeah, it's good to think outside the box!

I must also say that I'm really happy. Why? I just am. Gary and I have had some really great talks lately and I deeply appreciate the way we've been able to communicate. I guess we've come to the point in our lives where we understand that there's a lot at stake here...that being in a relationship is a huge risk that we both decided to take (as it is for most people)...and when you have something you never expected to have, it becomes extra-special. So because this is extra-special to me, I'm extra-happy! =)

My heart is more comfortable giving more than I was. At first it was mostly him...it just had to be because I needed to be sure he wanted this. On Valentine's Day this year he made a KAI cd for me and one of the songs describes the kind of giving he's been pouring into "us":

A MILLION MORE

What can I do, how can I prove
That I'm serious about this love
What should I say in this different way
To make you realize I won't leave your side Lady
Over and over I'm holding you close
And I'm telling you I'll never let go

If a million days are never enough to know you
And a million words won't let you be sure
In a million ways I've given my love, I'll show you
I'll open another door and find a million more

For half of your tears you don't know I hear
All of the nights you've cried, or you're left behind
I'll take the pain, wash it away
If you just put your trust in the two of us

Whatever went wrong it's not gonna hurt you anymore
I'll keep holding on, I believe in this love so until you're sure

Listen to me, whatever I gotta do to prove my love,
And when my words don't let you be sure
I'll open your heart and open another door
To a million more


He was "chosen by grace" (Rom 11:5-6).

0 comments: