Monday, July 18, 2005

Children of the Light

Mass. Confession. Can't do without it. Why was I even trying to give Him less than what I know I can offer Him?

It was great to be back at SPC. Sorting through...questioning...sometimes even doubting my own relationship with Him...but it's all part of the process. The faith journey is never a perfectly paved road. I was never going to leave Him. I just needed to know how He wants me to live out everything I've learned. Not just the laws but the love as well.

I need to stay grounded because the pull of the world is strong. Yet it's the people in the world that I have been given to grow with and learn from. No, it isn't always me ministering to them. I need them just as much. Who am I to believe that I have all the answers in life?

We are a pilgrim people and and we're all traveling together.

Though there are some that I just cannot reach from where I am. So I PRAY. I pray with all my might that God's hand always be upon them. That the worst my imagination can conjure up will never come to fruition. There are souls who are seeking God...souls who have completely walked away from Him...souls who are racked with more pain than I could ever handle in a lifetime. I pray because people prayed for me and continue to do so. That's what "church" is all about. When one part of the body is missing, the whole suffers. We cannot function as we were meant to be.

I can't give up because there were those blessed few who never gave up on me.

God forbid that I should throw my hands in the air and just say that there's absolutely nothing I can do. There is much work to be done and much good that is possible when you believe.

Dear Lord, I ask You...no, I BEG You for the virtue of faith. Please fill my heart with hope for the world, for my brothers and sisters, for my own ailing soul that desires only to please You. As each day passes, we draw closer to the end...to Your coming than where we were yesterday. Today is all we have because tomorrow is never guaranteed. Please, dear Jesus, may we experience Your abounding mercy before it's too late.

I have since lost that sense of urgency. I have not kept Heaven as closely in sight as I should have been. In seeking to be comfortable, I have become complacent. This world...it's not my home. Neither is it yours...

Where am I storing my treasures?

"You know what hour it is. This is the time to awake, for our salvation is now nearer than when we first believed; the night is almost over and the day is at hand. Let us discard, therefore, everything that belongs to darkness, and let us put on the armor of light. As we live in full light of day, let us behave with decency; no banquets with drunkenness, no prostitution or vices, no fighting or jealousy. Put on, rather, the Lord Jesus Christ, and do not be led by the will of the flesh nor follow its desires." (Rom 13:11-14)

0 comments: