Tuesday, May 24, 2005

The search for happiness

Some people will be searching their whole lives for happiness while making everyone around them completely miserable. I don't understand it. Just got some pretty disturbing news and I just don't get how they can't just let things go. Years and years of bitterness and jealousy over things that they will never find complete security in.

You can't get your way all the time. Life doesn't work that way. You just have to accept what you have and be grateful for it instead of jeopardizing the only relationships that might ever amount to any worth in your life.

Everyone gets hurt. Everyone gets offended. More often than not, the "guilty party" was someone who did not intend to cause so much pain. But hearts that do not know how to forgive will eventually grow hard and cold...and even evil.

No, it didn't have to come to this. How many more casualities are we going to suffer because of someone's inability to settle these issues peacefully? God forbid that anything tragic will happen. We don't need to see that again.

It's true...sometimes you just have to stay away from people who bring you more harm than good, even if they're supposed to be good friends or even family members. You have to stand your ground and defend yourself from their negativity and selfishness. I really hate to put it that way, but even those you thought would love you enough to understand can distort and misinterpret your actions, making you look like the bad guy when all you're doing is acting in everyone's best interests.

It's not fair.

But injustice is always subject to God's mercy.

We need to forgive, even if they don't forgive us for not even doing anything wrong. In so many different situations have I had to come back to this, and that's the attitude I have to take on once again.

Silence.

Humble thyself in the sight of the Lord.

There's so much I could say in anger...but I won't.

It's not worth it.

It really isn't worth it.

2 comments:

Maurice said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Maurice said...

There are so many things I would like to say but the most important thing for me to say is I support you in all that you do.

It really saddens me when people write or say things without consideration for others. It saddens me when people blame others for their "misfortunes" and choose to suffer so loudly. I pray for all.

Love you cousin!