Wednesday, May 11, 2005

DAY 3

Daily Mass is GREAT. Yes, I'm trying to get back into the routine again because I know what I can give to God. I need it, I really do...

Veronica, Jacinta, Christina, Paul, Nathan, Dave...just some kids I've met at SPC who make me smile. I also saw Sydney, one of my students at the Chastity Retreat last night and she told me how much she loved Emeline's poem. I gave each of the girls a copy of it along with a white shell rose as a gift for Confirmation...which was awesome, by the way. =) Great things are always happening in the lives of the people at that parish, and it's so exciting to be able to share it with others.

I was talking to my coworker Jana yesterday on our way back from the Cathedral and we were saying that sometimes we just want to be able to see what is in store for us 5 or 10 years down the road. The thought, I'm sure, would surprise Gary because I don't normally think ahead all that much, but I do feel a certain excited anticipation for new experiences and paths that God plans for me to take.

Hopeful...that's the word he uses to describe us...and I'm feeling that now in regards to everything in my future. Staying humble and close to God will help me remain faithful and less afraid. I think being around the kids has made me see how personal our individual walks with Christ continue to be, yet how connected we are as one Body.

As Mrs. Perez said to me last night, if we give Jesus even a little, He'll pour so much more into our hearts to the point where we feel like we don't even deserve it all.

Right now, I just feel extremely loved.

0 comments: