Monday, May 16, 2005

It feels so familiar

...but still something new about it.

Life.

It changes but stays the same.

Work is different...new...evolving. Prayer request from Jay...felt as though I was pulling graces from prayers years ago, if that's possible. Caught up with Fr. Scott re: life and Gary...a movement forward. Passed by the Teacher Supplies store on Beach Blvd...familiar. I was asked if I was a teacher by a random teenage customer. She asked where I teach...no, not St. Paul anymore...but it brought back memories. Picked up some things from Stater Bros. Remembered going there with my dad after Mass when I was younger. Call from Danny...new "dad". SPV Mass at 5:15 w/Fr. Grace...saw Jason...flashbacks of the "Hope" days. Getting ready for Junior Retreat...things that come so naturally...giving God every moment of preparation...like LSS anticipation. Got home early, which is rare for me...cleaned out my trunk...did laundry...read the latest edition of Orange County Catholic...folded Jenn's wedding programs. I haven't had a day like this in a long time. Actually, I haven't had a day like this ever. So different but so "the same".

Like right now...I remember so much but yet my days continue into a tomorrow that holds so many blessings. Aware of the crosses I carry but experiencing the beauty that comes with them.
Lyn-lyn asked me about lifting up suffering. I told her to focus on one person and devote every pain to his or her conversion. She mentioned a friend's name, and then this past weekend I saw her heart reaching out to that soul in her own little way.

I think it was after communion that I heard a word whispered clearly in my heart. RECONCILIATION. I thought of the story I told Jaymee about Leilani putting a sticker on my shirt after I apologized to her for getting upset a while back. That's going to be my meditation this week...praying that I will learn something about healing from that blessed moment. If only it were as simple as giving out stickers to show that everything's okay...

I just have to say that I love what God has been giving me lately...great conversations with Jaymee...Emeline's inspiring blog entries...messages from my St. Paul kids...Sheree's fire...the desire to go back to Daily Mass...renewed openness with my mom...quality family time (Ate Lisa's baby shower was so FUN!).

And I'm thankful for Gary's prayers that I can somehow feel from the other side of the world. Four more days until I see that smile again. =)

This, I know, has everything to do with You, Jesus. You're drawing me back into Your Heart...

AMDG + JMJ

0 comments: