Friday, May 13, 2005

It's FRIDAY!

...but I have to come back at 7:30 tomorrow morning to chaperone our Christian service project at LA Food Bank. First time there - it should be fun! Then I'll be off to Ate Lisa's baby shower...and I'll see you folks on Sunday at the Pentecost Picnic!!!

I was subbing for Br. Rich's 6th period class (the juniors were good to me...haha), and I found this as I was flipping through the Senior religion book. I thought it was pretty cool.

Love squared = gold
Love + one = family
Love - one = mourning
Love halved = heartache
Love divided by one = commitment
Love divided by many = friendship
Love times zero = loneliness
Love times infinity = God

The peace has returned...thank you, Lord. Have a great weekend, everybody!

TO DO (I need to clear my head...continuing from Monday's AFF session in laying all our things-to-do before God):

  • call Br. Robert
  • get supplies for Junior Retreat
  • buy snacks for Junior Retreat
  • finalize agenda + map and send to chaperones
  • make Aldo's Book of Revelation packet
  • send cap measurement to Dr. Maram
  • lesson plans for next week
  • sub plan for Wednesday
  • grade Gospel of Matthew tests
  • write out Pinoy Grad speech
  • make copies of CDs for Sharon
  • request check for KAIROS deposit
  • call Carla on Thursday for music (Memorial Day liturgy and Baccalaureate Mass)
  • get readings from Fr. John
  • get seniors to fill in Mass roles (Bacc.)
  • write up for Student Handbook on Jesuit and SVD traditions
  • write Cristo Rey spiritual reflection for the Network
  • ask about flight and car arrangements for St. Louis trip

I'm seriously praying through my work right now...that and Jenn's wedding...I have a to-do list for that, too. Now I'm getting the importance of inviting God into everything I do instead of waiting to call on Him only when I'm in church. But let me tell you, the Eucharist is doing so much to keep me going...weak or strong...I'm still here.

1 comments:

Em said...

Hi Banne,

I just want to praise God for you and for all the trials you endure for Him. You truly live out your faith and stand by His side when you do the things that you do for work, personally, everywhere. I am truly amazed at your commitment and love for God. You inspire me daily and I wanted you to know that you will be an awesome mom one day. Bet you are learning a lot about dealing with teens :) God works in beautiful ways through you, and I lift you up to Him every day.