Sunday, May 29, 2005

Hello, friends!

Look who's visiting...

Alaine - wow, you're almost out of high school! Hope you're having fun at all your senior festivities! We'll definitely have to schedule another hangout date before you leave for Merced. yay!

Burr (BiL #1) - Congratulations on your graduation! I really wish I could have been at the ceremony...but dinner was GREAT! You and my sister are so cute. I like watching you guys dance...hehe. By now you should be in Vegas knocked out on the floor, but I'm sure in a few hours you'll all be grubbing at some yummy buffet. =)

isda - Always a fun time with you, hijo. Sorry about the chicken head...I didn't know it would give you a heart attack...hahaha =p The photographer thought you looked pretty amusing last night clinking your two wine glasses...she kept taking pictures of you. Yes, it's all about Lisa Lisa! Shell said you're such a bundle of energy. Good thing you didn't have another apparition on your back! =)

Em - Yay for everything! I'm so glad you're in my life. So much has happened with you and with me over the last year, and it's such a beautiful thing to be able to watch each other grow and arrive at a place where we can smile no matter what happens. Thank you for your support and for always being there to talk to. I've learned so much from you...and I just have to say that in no way have I "passed you up" in faith because you still continue to inspire me with all God chooses to say through you. I LOVE YOU!

jme - There's so much to God that we could go on for hours and hours and never run out of things to talk about. I love how He blessed me with you so that I can be encouraged along the straight and narrow path. Whenever I'm with you, you remind me of who He made me to be. You give my soul that certain "I am so at home" feeling, and I have to thank you for that. How wonderful it is to be able to rest and be fed in that way...

Leo -You are missed as well, friend! Your prayers have helped so much. It's great to have that constant backup because with us, there's always a need. I've been praying for you, too. God's will to be revealed to you, God's love to be poured on to you, God's grace to give you strength in all you do.

Noreen - hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!!! (with a big smile) Being at my best friend's wedding yesterday just got me more excited for yours! Four more months! I will lift you and Michael up and ask our Lord to continue to guide you in preparation for such a blessed life together. How amazing it us that He blesses us the way that He does...

mikedooks (BiL #2) - You know why I think you're so cool? Cuz you're all about keeping life simple. I'm really glad things are falling into place for you and that you and Lyn-lyn are happy. It's great how God dropped you into her life and you just seemed to fit. I'm very, very grateful for you! =)

Jay - Seeing your tag was like finding out that Jesus resurrected from the dead! Well, not really, but you know what I mean...haha. Reading your words brought back the lessons we had learned way back, and it made me appreciate the journey God had taken us on, even if it was a difficult one. Thanks for being my cheerleader behind the scenes, my friend, and for returning back to the blog world just to root me on. It means a lot...

Caroline - Well, hello there! Yes, praise God for opportunities to serve Him! Your faithfulness and your fire are evidence of where you are storing up your treasures, and it will be quite the experience to see the reward that Heaven will be for your "Yes" to Him. I find it so uplifting to know that there are laborers in the field like you who commit themselves to building God's kingdom in a world where so few see the benefits of the life of sacrificial love. Blessings to you!

Maurice - Hi, cousin! Without fail, here you are offering your positive pep talk like you always do. Some things happen totally outside of our control, but prayer gives us the chance to hand the situations back over to God. That I've been able to do this past week, so thank you for your prayers. My heart is not as heavy as I expected it to be. =)

Gary - I just have to say that I am having such a great time with you. From the depths of my heart, I meant it when I said that you make the love of God real to me in a way that I have never experienced before. So, no, this isn't "loving again"...for me, it's being shown for the first time what sacrifice in the life of another looks like...what it means to receive without question...seeing the goodness of another far beyond a wounded past. The feelings may come and go, as they say, but I pray the gratitude will remain forever. Thank you for entering into my story and wanting to be a part of it...the part that makes people who read it smile, and sometimes even cry. So we'll just keep writing until we can't write anymore, but like you said, "Love is stronger than death" so I guess that means there won't be an end. It'll just be a happy eternity. I love you. =)

1 comments:

Save Room said...

Praise God! That is exactly what you bring to me. I think it's because you bring a lil SPC and that parish really is home to me...it's like a little piece of heaven. When I take to you I get a glimpse of the peace and joy we will have in heaven...just like tiramisu cake and chocolate strawberries...haha