Saturday, April 09, 2005

Touching the garment of Jesus

What a great day...

I learned how to make a rosary!!! Pretty exciting for me because I never learned from Tito Johnny when he was alive. He was always after me about learning...so YAY, I know how now thanks to Carmen! I've never been the crafty type, but this is gonna be my new thing and I don't think I'll ever get tired of doing it. I tried crocheting when everyone else was into it. I tried scrapbooking but I don't have enough creativity for it. I'm not even gonna try to sew. But making rosaries I can do. =)

Also some personal messages from the REACH Confirmation retreat at SPC...

There is a cross waiting for me everywhere I go.

It never takes Jesus longer than a second to forgive me. He never says that He needs time to think it over. He never says He needs space to let go of what I've done. He just forgives because He knows that I'm weak and I don't think a lot of the time about how my selfishness or pride hurts Him and other people. Why can't I be the same way? With His grace, I can do the same. With His grace, anything's possible.

So I touched His garment and the bleeding stopped.

I looked up at Him blessing me in the montrance and realized that it was as simple as Him coming to me. I didn't even have to go up there. Praise God for that moment...for using Fr. Fernando to bring Him that close. I didn't know I needed it that much. Come to think of it, I never know.

Jesus really does send people. He really is present to us in so many ways...and I remembered today that I needed all of it. The praise and worship...praying over people...Mass...rosary...adoration...Scripture...images...personal sharing...serving in both big and little ways. It was a wonderful recharge. And again I knew that I was exactly where He wanted me to be.

So maybe I was only expected to be a chaperone...to pick up some snacks and to help serve the food...but I loved every minute of it! It was definitely an encounter with the risen Christ.

Okay, Easter was a whole two weeks ago, but things come a little late with me...hehe...

PRAISE GOD...PRAISE GOD...PRAISE GOD!!!

0 comments: