Sunday, April 17, 2005

If I were a traffic sign



...I would be a YIELD sign.

I know some people prefer to be more aggressive, but I usually default to others just because it takes less effort on my part. If others insist on having their way, I let them have it. Stronger opinions than mine don't get much of an argument from me. When people ask me what I want to do, I pretty much just go with the flow. It's more of a laid-back mentality than anything else. (I think that's how I bring a piece of Hawaii to California since I can't permanently move there...haha)

Who needs more stress?

I'm definitely not raising my hand for that one.

Am I playing doormat? I don't know. I guess it doesn't matter if I'm not feeling it. I'm just trying my best with the cards I'm dealt.

Life is growing to be pretty simple nowadays and I love it. It's great to be able to have fun without doing much. Wherever we are at whatever time of the day, we're always given grace-filled moments.

I'm learning that the most important things in life aren't necessarily what makes everyone else around you happy. You've got to hold on to what makes you smile...and in my case, what makes you feel most alive and at peace. Because at the end of your life, that's all you'll really be left with.

We'll be asked by Jesus when we see Him face to face, "Do you love Me? Did you love Me while you were on earth? Did you let Me love you in the many ways I tried to show you?"

Nothing else will have as much value.

"If I could speak in any language in heaven or on earth but didn't love others, I would only be making meaningless noise like a loud gong or a clanging cymbal. If I had the gift of prophecy, and if I knew all the mysteries of the future and knew everything about everything, but didn't love others, what good would I be? And if I had the gift of faith so that I could speak to a mountain and make it move, without love I would be no good to anybody. If I gave everything I had to the poor and even sacrificed my body, I could boast about it; but if I didn't love others, I would be of no value whatsoever." (1 Cor 13)

0 comments: