Wednesday, January 12, 2005

Miracle of grace

From an email I got from Fr. Greg yesterday:

"Since I´ve left St. Peter Chanel I´ve realized even more what an incredible miracle of grace is taking place there. There are probably few parishes like it in the whole world."

Wow, there you go. Saintmakers.

Jesse Romero said last weekend that going to Heaven will be like a big wedding feast you don't want to miss out on. A Saturday night party with no curfew. I smiled to myself because last Saturday night I happened to be at a party and I had such a good time seeing a lot of old friends and catching up with them.

Just imagine what it'll be like when we get to Heaven. Fun times for all eternity. This world isn't our home, but yet how generous God is to give us people who devote their lives to help us get there.

Fr. Ed said it to me last Sunday: "I want the best for you. I want the best for him. I just want you to get to Heaven and I will do everything I can to make you saints."

That's the real deal. The Oblates don't mess around.

"Be alert, stand firm in the faith, be courageous, be strong. Let love be in all." (1Cor 16:13-14)

0 comments: