Wednesday, January 26, 2005

The Lord will fulfill His purpose for me

Dear God,

You are really looking out for me. Thank you with all my heart.

Even if I had a hard time getting through this day, you always manage to bring some comfort to me through my coworkers - Fr. Scott...Br. Ortiz...Jana...Kevin...Greg...Kirstin...Maggie...Lupe and his Girl Scout cookies catalog. We're all so busy but it's great knowing that we're all in this together.

Class was pretty awesome, too. We did an illustration analysis of Jesus in Art and the boys participated really well. It was interesting to get their thoughts on the different faces of Christ...what kinds of feelings are evoked inside of them when they look at Him portrayed in so many ways. And today they were especially well-behaved, which I greatly appreciated. =)

The big highlights of my day had to have been: 1) stopping to talk to Freddy in the hallway for a bit and getting a smile out of him, and 2) Donald coming to visit me after school to give me a life update. If you met these two, you'd know why these moments were so special. I love my KAIROS group.

More to come later...

"I have not looked for anyone's silver, gold or clothing. You yourselves know that these hands of mine have provided for both my needs and the needs of those who were with me. In every way I have shown you that by working hard one must help the weak, remembering the words the Lord Jesus himself said, 'Happiness lies more in giving than in receiving.' " (Acts 20:33-35)

0 comments: