Sunday, February 08, 2004

I decided to do it..."Batteries not Included, Assembly Required"...might as well try it out because after all, it is a new creative avenue and who knows what will come out of it. It's something different...out of the ordinary for me. Jei Franxis and his friend, Arlene, are putting together a theater group called Imagining Reality that's basically centered around getting out the "good message" to high school students...letting them know that there are forms of media and stage performance catering to their needs in a way much varied from what's already out there.

The audition was a favor I did for JF since he's helped me out so much, though I must admit being wary of the time commitment at first. We met yesterday to take a look at the script of the first play and I realized that this is something I've always wanted to do but never followed through with. It's low-pressure because JF's just like that...and I finally get to see the work that would have otherwise been thrown away (I've talked to him time after time about this being-a-writer-and-using-your-gift business...but dang, this means that I'll have to get on with my program now that he started his). They explained their focus and mission to us and I sat well with the fact that God would be in the middle of it all. This one is based on 1Corinthians13 following the ACTS format...I was impressed, as I told JF when he called me afterwards to ask me what I thought...so simple yet straight to the point and very relatable to matters of the heart in anyone's life. It seems manageable, for now. We'll see...

It does help that more people are stepping up to help out with HeavenSent and I'm finding my place now in the ministry...not having to do as much but still giving what I can with what God has given to me. The once-a-month Confirmation talks will be fun...that's more of what I'm comfortable with. In SH, fellowship stuff was always more for people like Em and Jason to handle. For now we're just starting off light with socials to get the kids interested...this is all going to take some time to develop...we can't expect too much to happen so soon. It's good that we have the regular Youth Masses every month...if anything the kids will grow to appreciate that first because that's what it's all about. We have to hold on to Jesus as the driving force behind everything we do and turn to Him in all things, no matter whether the events are spiritual, educational, or social.

Saturday was such a productive day... The Lord of the Rings Retreat was very thought-provoking...Fr. Tim did a wonderful job of relating the struggles of Frodo, the fidelity of Sam, and the Joy of the Fellowship to our own lives as Christians. When Fred walked in, he showed me his "Aragorn" nametag...haha...no coincidence, eh? I choked up during the first talk because I could relate quite closely to everything Fr. Tim was saying about Frodo. During the "Sam" talk, I totally thought of Jenn because it paralleled her personality in so many ways. Saying "yes" to the quest that entails great burden but leads to immense joy...facing the consequences of our decisions, knowing that one simple choice made in either wisdom or folly can affect the future of a multitude of souls...there are more lessons than most people are able to see...I thank God for J.R.R. Tolkien, his love for writing, and his love for God. The most fruit is borne out of a life that is faithful to doing the things he loves...right, Leo? Look at the bookmark...and in your heart...

Continuing on with The Purpose Driven Life...fourth purpose - "You were shaped for serving God"...I have to catch up on my reading...


"We are simply God's servants... Each one of us does that work which the Lord gave Him to do: I planted the seed, Apollo watered the plant, but it was God who made the plant grow." (1Cor 3:5-6)

0 comments: