Monday, February 09, 2004

Agh! It's midnight...okay, a few minutes past and I should be sleeping...but I have a lot to write down...

Thank you, Lord, for helping us out today...for being in the middle of it all when little things were making us anxious...for giving me the courage to speak to the kids, especially the ones who didn't really want to be there...for giving Glenn the words...we were both nervous. Thank you for giving Jackie her voice back...for the rest of the choir as always...for Emeline who hopped on and took my place to sing...for Robby and Fred who rocked the house as usual...for Jason's 99 on Magic Mic singin' "his song"...for Jay's simple presence...for JF's drum-drum-drummin' and his Valentine's Day humor...for all the kiddos that didn't want to give up the mic (especially Ines and Co. + Mark on "Pretty Woman")...for all of our hard-working parents. Thank you for a very challenging Bible Study discussion on service...then switching the topic back to the preservation of purity and taking a twist towards accountability...for all the shared insights and the deep honesty that came out of it all. Dorothy was right...it's really interesting watching the dynamics of the four guys, each with their own personalities, views and questions. I wish I knew more so I could explain better...particularly in regards to purity issues...but knowledge doesn't really help a whole lot if it's not backed up by experience...that I have some of, so that was all I could really share. It's great to see young men valuing the gift as much as You ask them to. Rare is the breed...though I'm finding that there are more out there than I thought. So suffice to say that not all men are pigs. Actually, I can't remember the last time I saw a guy with a snout (sorry, JF's corny humor is infecting me, agh dang nabbit!)...okay, I think I'm done now.

Good night, dear Jesus... I love You. You're the greatest...really, You are. You know that already, but I thought I'd just tell You because it's something that helps me remember who You are for me. Until the morning...

0 comments: