Wednesday, April 12, 2006

The wood of the Cross

"If God causes you to suffer much, it is a sign that He has great designs for you, and that He certainly intends to make you a saint. And if you wish to become a great saint, entreat Him yourself to give you much opportunity for suffering; for there is no wood better to kindle the fire of holy love than the wood of the cross, which Christ used for His own great sacrifice of boundless charity."
St. Ignatius of Loyola

Today...was just one of those days...when I look back and wonder what happened to all that time. When I remember the kinds of questions I would ask myself, while I'd roll with the punches of life...taking things as they come and contemplating all the possibilities in front of me.
With experience comes wisdom, and it's something that I've been very grateful for...with all of the great and wonderful things that have been presented to me over the years...along with all of the moments when I could have pulled my hair out trying to figure out what the heck was going on around me.
Highlights of the last 24 hours:
  • talking to Jana about reacting with good humor to what normally would freak us out
  • having Darren check my "pre-wedding temperature"...nice to know he's been watching out since the very beginning
  • trying not to be sad about leaving when I realize more and more what has made me want to stay
  • being excited at the same time for the transitions to come
  • Christian stopping by the office just to say hi...and having to break the news
  • the "stealth-bomber" conversation about what nurtures one's soul, knowing for two years where your heart has always really been
  • feeding Jacob for the first time
  • watching the productive juices flow at the HFYA meeting
  • feeding Jacob for the second time
  • believing as I share with others that God has a plan...though we might not understand it, it's always best to trust it

Thank you, Gary, for calling me. Now my day is complete. =)

0 comments: