Sunday, April 02, 2006

Walking the path

"Be patient toward all that is unsolved in your heart and try to love the questions themselves, like locked rooms and like books that are now written in a very foreign tongue. Do not now seek the answers, which cannot be given you because you would not be able to live them. And the point is, to live everything. Live the questions now. Perhaps you will then gradually, without noticing it, live along some distant day into the answer." - Rainer Maria Rilke, Letters to a Young Poet


Releasing and letting go. Following but offering only my life, apart from anyone else's. Yielding, accepting, giving others their space. Tired though I was, much of my energy was spent paying attention to the presence of those around me...somehow I had to be connected...somehow I had a difficult time focusing on just me.
At the end of it all, I could only know that I had finished my journey. I could only pray that those who were still walking their own paths would come to realize the truths God had in store for them. I could only long for the rest in His embrace...and I hoped that at the end of my life I could at last experience the peace of Heaven.
I had stopped looking for answers. I had come to give Him this walk...to let Him lead me...to let Him love me...and I had the hands to hold me as His response to many a question I had asked years ago.
Now I understood what I never could before. His ways are not our ways...nor His thoughts our thoughts. But God always wins out with the best solution...the best plan...the best gifts to give us when we open our hands long enough to surrender everything that keeps us from receiving.

0 comments: