Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Before I lose it all...but please God that I don't

Hold me close / let Your love surround me / bring me near / draw me to Your side / and as I wait I'll rise up like the eagle / and I will soar with You / your spirit leads me on / by the power of Your love

*******************************


Covered by your love divine
Child of the risen Lord
To hear you say "This one's mine"
My heart is spoken for

Now I have a peace
I've never known before
I find myself complete
My heart is spoken for

*******************************


I will offer up my life in spirit and truth / pouring out the oil of love as my worship to You / in surrender I must give my every part / Lord, receive the sacrifice of a broken heart

Oh my words could not tell, not even in part / of the debt of love that is owed by this thankful heart


*******************************


Sometimes you just have to receive. It was my turn to sit there and pray with open hands and an open heart. Maybe I could have gotten what I did tonight if I was up there on stage with all of you, but I knew I was exactly where I needed to be.

So for everything you did for me tonight, Heart of Worship, I thank you. Thank you for praising Him and singing the love songs my own heart has so dearly missed...for letting His light shine through you into my own dark corners where I refused to let Him in.

It was also the most beautiful thing to be sitting in between two amazing answered prayers - Gary and Dani - who have introduced Love in a new kind of way to me and Emeline.

Dear God, You really are so good.

"There is a light in this world, a healing spirit more powerful than any darkness we may encounter. We sometimes lose sight of this force when there is suffering, and too much pain. Then suddenly, the spirit will emerge through the lives of ordinary people who have a call and answer in extraordinary ways."
- Mother Teresa

0 comments: