Wednesday, February 16, 2005

He's been holding on

EDUARDO CERON
PER. 4

God, please help me to understand you. Sometimes I question you and don’t believe some of your teachings. The truth is I know it is the wrong thing to believe, and I truly wish that I didn’t feel this way. Help me grow closer to you in order not to drive myself crazy. Help me walk through the right path to faith and away from all questioning. If you are truly there, I know you have heard this and I know that I am being truly sincere. I just hope that you will help me, help me to grow closer to you in love, spirit, mind, heart, and faith. Please, I do want to be a part of your kingdom in heaven if there truly is one, and I want to be a better person in your eyes.
Amen.


Eduardo, I saw you last night and I didn't know what to feel. You were just sitting in my Religion class during 4th period on Monday, and little did I know that the next time I'd see you would be in the hospital with tubes all over you. Throughout the day I'll find myself crying...and then at other moments, I'll be bold enough to beg God for a miracle. Well, you know what? Whether you get better or not, I think we'll get a miracle anyway. It may not be having you come back to school flashing that beautiful childlike smile, but I believe that it just might be the restored faith in God that your life...that your prayer will inspire in your family and friends.

Your doubts and your questions were part of your journey, and they were a part of mine, too. Everyone knew you chose to stop believing in God at one point in time, but I knew you didn't totally leave Him. This prayer we read this morning was a witness to that journey...proof that, as I told your dad last night, even if we feel far away from God, God is never far away from us. Thank you for being one of my most memorable students...the one that I always watched carefully and prayed for...the one who was daring enough to ask because you really wanted to know who God really was.

So now we're waiting for God to make a decision. But whatever He chooses to do with you, we know that He's holding you close and won't let you go.

I have a feeling that I'll see you again sometime. God's mercy is too great to keep a heart as good as yours away from Him.

Until then...

0 comments: