Tuesday, October 11, 2005

A Small Sacrifice

Sometimes you have to give more than you think you have the energy for just because you know it's good for you...like exercising and eating right...though I don't do well with either of those two...I just know that I need to get back into some sort of routine to keep my soul in check. My job depends on it. So does my future marriage. One step at a time. I'll work on my diet and physical activity gradually, but my relationship with God comes first.

At least I'm getting more sleep! =) That's progress...

If you're reading this, please pray for our Freshman Retreat on Thursday. Thank you!!!

Lots going on right now.

This is why I need to go back to Daily Mass. If Mother Teresa could find time to pray in front of the Blessed Sacrament and go to Mass every day as she served the poorest of the poor, I can do the same if I really try. Life demands much of us and rarely is it ever easy, especially when you give your all. But God makes it all worth it and the Eucharist gives us the strength to go on when we can't hold ourselves up.

If I continue to say I'm too busy for Him, I won't make it through this year.

The pull of the world is so strong...but I know who I belong to. Now I just have to recommit myself to The Way I know to be true...the path that I had begun to walk down but stopped to rest for a while...at least until I started feeling the call to get up again.

In and not of it.

I look into his eyes and I want to give him so much but it'll never be enough. If I can offer him a heart in love with God, that's an eternity with joy forever guaranteed.

I see them needing something but I always feel that I don't have much to fill the emptiness. If I can be Christ's presence to them, that's more gift than anyone could ever ask for.

How do I know this?

Because that's what he offers me. Because that's what they are for me every day.

I have to keep growing into what the Father made me to be. I need to fulfill the purpose that the death of Jesus made possible for the life I was given. I absolutely must be open to the Spirit moving within me and around me and I've got to start paying attention.

Time goes by way too fast and I feel like I'm missing out on so much.

Pay attention. Listen. Watch. Pray.

That's all Jesus told the disciples to do before Pentecost. That's all He asks us to do so that we can hear the voice of God speak and direct us...so that we will become true intercessors...saints called to be holy, not because we want to be recognized for our holiness but because we have discovered what we were created to do for the good of the Kingdom.

There is a gap between heaven and earth and each of us is called to fill it.

Our Lord is the bridge and we are an extension of His Body. He's crying out to us to remember this.

The memories can only hold me over for so long.

It's time to fly again...

"But love your enemies and do good to them, and lend when there is nothing to expect in return. Then will your reward be great and you will be sons and daughters of the Most High. For he is kind towards the ungrateful and the wicked. Be merciful, just as your Father is merciful.
Don't be a judge of others and you will not be judged; do not condemn and you will not be condemned; forgive and you will be forgiven; give and it will be given to you, and you will receive in your sack good measure, pressed down, full and running over. For the measure you give will be the measure you receive back." (Luke 6:35-38)

0 comments: