Tuesday, October 25, 2005

A new perspective

It's always good to look at things from different angles, especially when you can't find anything valuable in the perspective you currently have.

Thank you, Lord, for all the friends who called me today and offered their conversation. I can see how each one led me to the next...like it was one long talk that just continued from person to person. All just to catch up, some business to take care of, one to tell me some GREAT news. =) Definitely what I needed today.

Lessons that came out of the convos:

  • Sometimes our thoughts border being absolutely crazy...those you don't share with anyone or else you'll cause a lot of potential problems.
  • Never assume anything about anyone.
  • Everything is going to be fine.
  • We will and should experience that tension between Heaven and earth. It will never be 100% comfortable living in this world because it isn't our home. Our souls are always seeking so much more.
  • You can't plan inflexibly. God will decide to test and to bless and you've got to be open for both at any time.
  • It's okay to have some doubt because that fear of losing something important to you tells you that it's probably worth holding on to.
  • Reminder: LOVE IS SACRIFICE
  • It's time to tune in again because there isn't an excuse anymore to stay tuned out.
  • Go back to what worked before. It's a good place to start.
  • Living without community is hard...however, if not given the time or the opportunity, do what the saints did in order to stay close to God...stick with the basics: Rosary, Daily Mass, Adoration, Scripture.
  • We each have a "life theme". We may not feel that we always live it out to its fullest but it definitely remains a goal to strive for....whether it be "seeing Christ in all people" or "being Love", it is the essence of who He made us to be in this world.

And, yes, I am complicated. Another thing I would rather not admit to, but it's true. This interior housecleaning isn't going to happen overnight, so I have to learn to be patient with myself.

Dear Jesus, I really need Your eyes right now. Your heart would be good, too.

There are certainly some things in my life that really should not be risked...1) salvation, 2) commitment, and 3) dignity. I've got to be obedient because I know it's best. Times when I wasn't got me into lots of trouble.

I will always love people no matter who they are but I need to know how to live that love out.

Holy Spirit, that's where You come in.

This is where my pain comes from. This is my struggle...to allow God the freedom to work in any way He chooses but to act with the prudence He also uses to protect us. Perhaps I shall no longer suffer if I offer this all to Him in prayer...even before I open up about it to anyone else, I really should bring it to God first. Everyone will be much more at peace as a result.

That's just what is best.

Whew. Today started off kind of slow but I must say that it was a great day. Thanks be to God. =) I'm beginning to really love this journey. It's not as chaotic as I initially thought it would be. So instead of questioning everything, I'm just going to let it go. Or accept it. Whatever the case may be...

"...the suffering in this present life cannot compare to the Glory that awaits us..." (Rom 8:18)

0 comments: