Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Happy Anniversary!

To celebrate two years, Gary, Meleana, and I attended Mass at SPC, had lunch at Macaroni Grill, then drove down to San Diego and stayed overnight at The Catamaran in Mission Bay. Kudos to Jaimee for recommending this place for our little getaway! She told me about it last year, so I thought we could try it out since a trip to Hawaii isn't in our budget this year. =)

It was overcast and chilly on Tuesday so we didn't get to go swimming, but we had a really nice view of the bay from our room and got to watch a torch-lighting ceremony with a half-hour hula/Tahitian performance, complete with a fire-knife dance! For dinner, we went to Nick's Seafood and had Sesame Crusted Ahi, Mustard Crusted Salmon, and this DELICIOUS tiramisu for dessert! I wanted to finish it but I couldn't because I was so full, but it was soooo good!!!

On Wednesday, we strapped the baby in Gary's Snugli and walked around Pacific Beach to the Pier where they have these little cottages built right above the ocean. They were really cute, but I don't think I'd get a good night's sleep hearing waves crashing right below me. =p On the way back home, we stopped by Torrance to eat dinner and buy some bread from King's Hawaiian so I could make grilled cheese sandwiches. I'm super-excited to make them because 1) they're very yummy, and 2) I can't mess up cooking them...hahaha =)

Even if we're on a limited cash flow these days, it's nice that we still managed to fit in a mini-vacation of some sort for our anniversary. We could definitely do San Diego again or go back to Glen Ivy (last year's spot), but next year we might try something new - who knows? With life so incredibly busy and time flying by at lightning speed, those yearly celebrations are worth taking time out to appreciate how precious our relationship is to us...







2 comments:

Save Room said...

Happy Anniversary! Sounds like such a great time! (And I am not at all jealous that you went on vacation ;b)

ja$on said...

happy anniversary friend from new zealand! yay!!