Thursday, September 22, 2005

Night owl

Funny...I try to go to sleep early and then I wake up at 2am and can't get back to sleep...so I picked up my journal and wrote...still not able to fall asleep...so I'm blogging...

I was flipping through the pages of my book and found this list I made back in July. From the conversation I had with Gary a couple of nights ago when I was listing my "criteria" I realized that those were my preferences and there were things on that particular list that I could live without.

This one, however, describes the kind of person that would help get me and my kids (and a whole lot of other people) to Heaven...

WHAT I'M LOOKING FOR:

  • consistent prayer life
  • faith
  • patience
  • understanding
  • kind
  • compassionate
  • hard-working
  • respectful
  • goes to Mass - also daily, if possible
  • loves to pray the Rosary
  • knows how to filter media
  • good with kids
  • polite
  • responsible
  • disciplined and self-controlled
  • simple
  • humble
  • good teacher
  • peaceful
  • calming
  • helpful
  • in love with God

And I asked myself if I was all of these things since they often say not to set expectations that you yourself cannot meet.

Hmm...Jesus and I are working on it. I definitely still have some growing to do, and I think I always will. We can always do better, and I'm fighting the temptation to be extremely hard on myself. Today, however, I can say that I'd like to learn to not only do better but actually be better. I do pray for that, for the sake of everyone in my life and most especially for God.

"Be alert, stand firm in the faith, be courageous, be strong. Let love be in all." (1Cor 16:13-14)

0 comments: