Thursday, September 29, 2005

Everybody is special

Each person is deeply loved by God. Even if we have a hard time liking them or accepting them as a part of our lives, we need to love what God loves. Therefore, we need to love everyone He does. He wants the best for them, and so should we.

Recognizing the presence of the Lord in all people would really reduce the amount of sin in the world and in our own individual lives. It's difficult to harbor unforgiveness, resentment, anger, lustful thoughts, jealousy, impatience, irritation, etc. when you ask to see Him there. If they have pushed Him out of their hearts, we cannot then just shake our heads with pity. We need to pray that God will reclaim them for Himself and do what we can to show them mercy and compassion.

As much as I "work with God" this is easy for me to forget sometimes, too. I have always wanted to love God more, and it's a piece of cake when I'm sitting in front of the Eucharist in adoration. But the real challenge is finding Him in those who surround us everyday...those we would rather not see or talk to...those who may make life tense or stressful for us.

This also would help my prayer and day-to-day minstry with people, whether they be family, coworkers, friends, students, fiance...and the list goes on. If I am aware of how present God is to all of us, I won't worry so much about those I cannot help because I will pray for them and trust that He will send another messenger to encourage them along the way. I also will not hesitate to help if the need is great and He makes it clear to me that something must be done.

The Spirit flows where the Spirit wills. Love surrounds us more than we know, and so to say each day, "Hello, Lord, I know You are here in our midst...You always have been and You always will be," is to give Him everything that belongs to Him - our time, our talents, our treasures, our hearts - and let Him direct us in their use. He's right here working with us, praying with us, cooking with us, cleaning with us, sharing in our joys and sorrows...accepting us in this moment just as we are but constantly laboring in our circumstances to bring us closer to heaven.

So I offer to you, dear God, my interactions with the people I love...with the people you send into my life...with the people who are there to help me grow in virtue. I pray that I will see You in them...that You will open up my heart wide enough to let Your love flow into it and through it so that they may experience You through my words, my actions, and my prayers...that You will open my ears in order to listen to Your voice calling out to me, teaching me Your ways in the lessons I learn in our conversations or maybe even in our silent exchanges.

All for You, Lord. Basta ikaw...

0 comments: