Wednesday, May 16, 2007

In the midst of real life

People get mad. They say things that hurt each other. Trust is broken. Friendships end. Those involved go their separate ways. It happens.

And then what?

I think that's when God uses circumstances in our lives to bring us back to either face the wounds or work to reconcile with the people whom we have left.

Our hearts were not made to be hardened and He knows that better than anyone else.

So sometimes He'll break us down. Sometimes He'll do whatever it takes to chip away at the walls.

When I see my kids get caught up in each other's conflicts, I can only imagine how much more difficult it will be for them down the road. Because I remember what that was like, not too long ago...

There has to be a better way.

"As I have loved you, so you must love one another."
- Jesus

0 comments: