Saturday, September 18, 2004

A much needed reminder...

"We were all made to be great saints. Don't ever miss the opportunity to become one."
- Mother Angelica, EWTN

God really watches out for me. The least I can do is offer back to Him everything I have. When I give to people, I run the risk (there's that word again) of not receiving anything in return, which is okay because that's love, right? Hmm...though I'm thinking that we shouldn't give to God solely because He gives to us. I offer my life because I just love Him. Does it always show...this love for Him? Sadly, no, not always. But He knows I try, and He accepts what little comes from my hands.

I just have to thank Him for everything He gave to me today, in particular. So much threatens to throw me off, but I can't deny the grace anymore because it's been incredibly evident in my life lately...what He's shown me about myself...how He's been instructing my mind and my heart...what He's protected me from over the years...most especially in the amount of His peace He gives me that truly does surpass all understanding.

So, thank you, Lord. I'm not scared anymore of growing through the lessons you share with me. It's all necessary, it really is. I can see that now. In the end, it's going to be great because You promised it would be. Heaven awaits. The challenge presented to us is to bring a piece of it down here to earth. If I can do that for the people in my life, dear Jesus, so that they will strive even harder for the eternal reality, please make that my life's mission. Amen.A.M.D.G. + J.M.J.

0 comments: