Monday, October 27, 2008

"Please don't waste the Blood of Jesus"

Precious words from an amazing homily I heard today at Mass.

There is a spiritual aching in my heart for more...more of Him...a thirst for His love and consolation...a desire to keep Him first. It hurts so much that it feels like a form of suffering...so much that I can't even cry the tears hidden behind the mask I wear...and something weighs my spirit down, making me so incredibly sad.

I don't know what else to do except to ask Him for what I need...because I can't even tell what that is...what will fill me up and help me reconnect.

My relationship with Him is strong, but not strong enough. I don't want to just reach out for His hand and feel His grip around my wrist. I want to fall into His arms and experience the depth of His love.

So even this aching...I will offer up to Him,
and pray that He will hear the cry of my heart.

Amen.

+AMDG+

"God gave Himself to you: give yourself to God."

– Bl. Robert Southwell

1 comments:

Save Room said...

I know what you mean... heaven will be a beautiful place where we will always be surrounded by our God and so many of the great saints that prayed for us during this journey... sometimes I just can't wait :)