Friday, September 26, 2008

Where has the time gone?

I just realized that I should let you know (b/c some of you don't)...

I'm 13 weeks pregnant with Kid #2! (well, actually #3 counting Little Gary) Lots of mixed emotions surrounded the first couple of months after finding out - for various reasons - but I've been very grateful ever since we found out. Getting pregnant and staying pregnant is something that I think many people take for granted because they don't realize what kinds of challenges some women face in order to conceive and to carry the pregnancy to term. So I see this child, and every child I have, as a gift...another opportunity to stretch my heart (as Jaymee says) and teach me how to love more deeply than I did before.

Meleana is growing very well and very quickly! She is now starting to walk on her own, though she does not yet have the agility and balance to prefer moving upright as opposed to crawling. It's so cute to watch her hobble across the living room with her arms stretched out in front of her, grinning from ear to ear. She is also very affectionate - like her dad - always giving me kisses, and kissing all of her stuffed animals. Ati Leilani is her favorite playmate, though she is getting more and more and more comfortable with JJ and Jacob. She loves to tug on Jacob and follow JJ around wherever he goes. It's great seeing the kids together...I can't wait for her to have a sibling so she'll have someone to play with at home, too.

Work has been busy lately, but I'm holding up pretty well so far. My classes have been going well, and my students are super-involved in our discussions, which is always nice. There's so much about our faith to share with them, and it's pretty amazing to see them want to grow and pass on the knowledge they gain at SJS. I'm also enjoying my Literature and English classes because I feel like I have a better handle on the curriculum and can do a whole lot more integration than I have in the past. There are some days where I don't quite get a minute to myself, but I must say that I'm having tons of fun doing what I do. There's so much that I learn from the kids and their parents every year, and I always appreciate being a part of their lives in such a special way.

So that's my update so far. Other than hooking up with Lyn-lyn and company to perform at Oktoberfest, there isn't much more going on with us. The weekly hula practices are great catch-up time for me and my sisters...definitely good for us since we don't see each other as often as we would like. We'll move back someday...someday...right, God? =)

1 comments:

Save Room said...

Praise God! You're crossing the 13 week mark! That's HUGE in pregnancy time :)

You are so right about pregnancy. It's a tremendous blessing! As I got bigger and bigger and BIGGER closer to 40 weeks I just kept reminding myself what a privilege it is because not all our pregnancies end with a healthy baby.

I am so glad things are going well :)