Monday, July 09, 2007

Caught off guard

The challenges were definitely not what I expected. The enemy really knows how to get to me, and all I can ever do is pray through those moments. Thank God for a pretty good week overall. I actually didn't come back more disturbed. I returned much more aware...and more grateful. How His grace truly sustains us. Were it not for God's goodness, we would all so easily fall into our most impassioned weaknesses, whatever they are.


Positive points of the past week:
  • Daily Mass and Rosary in front of the Blessed Sacrament at the Shrine of the Most Holy Redeemer
  • The Shark Reef exhibit with BIG FISH at Mandalay Bay
  • Grand Lux Cafe (x2) at the Venetian
  • Crepes from Paris
  • Enough hours to rest and some time to study
  • Quality time with Gary, Abie, and Mommy
  • The orchestra at Phantom!
  • Watching Joshua push Jeremiah across the floor in a laundry basket =)

Gary and I also celebrated our 1-year anniversary this past weekend at Glen Ivy, went to Mass at SPC, and ate yummy Hawaiian food at The Loft. I'm very, very blessed to have him for my husband. Happy anniversary, my kane!



I must say that while the enemy is strong, God's love is so much stronger. In those times of doubt, we often question Him...we question ourselves...we question so many things for so many reasons. I remembered all of those days and nights I would spent at St. Peter Chanel and many a church seeking consolation in the face of such a confused future. Kneeling in our "usual spot" with Gary by my side, I was showered with the love of God and the realization that much of what I had been waiting for was found in our relationship. It was all a matter of time, as people would say...but I believe that in the end, it was more of a matter of trust. As I looked up at the image of the Divine Mercy and read the words, "Jesus, I Trust in You", I could only thank God for finally letting me in on what He was doing in my life - especially with this little one growing inside my womb. And it's all so absolutely beautiful...

0 comments: