Wednesday, March 28, 2007

By His stripes we are healed



V. We adore you, O Christ, and we bless you.

R. Because by your holy Cross you have redeemed the world.


Not the first to struggle and definitely not the last. Others have fought and won. Many have tried and lost, but I look to the ones who have gained victory through you. When I look upon your holy wounds, I dare not say that my life is too hard or my cross to heavy. I cannot cry out and blame you for anything I have suffered. There is no reason to walk away...there never has been. How can I bear the name "Christian" and live in this world serving myself? This life...it doesn't even belong to me. When it's over, what will be left but my soul searching for its true home? This path...you have paved it for me and placed along the way some obstacles, some challenges, some thorns...but how many roses have I picked that have blessed my life with beauty?

0 comments: